Friday, September 17, 2010

Almost Done

As this challenge begins to come to a close, I am so grateful that I was lucky enough to be chosen to participate. What a change it has made in my life and my husband's life. We made a committment at the beginning that we would give this our all and we have. I have almost reached my goal of 25 pounds lost and my husband who has been such a support has lost 28 pounds. I have learned so much from my fantastic trainer who even postponed her mission call just so she could finish this with the three of us participants. She has really taught me so much about exercise and the part it plays in maintaining body weight and just feeling better. I know this sounds crazy but I just FEEL lighter - when I walk up stairs it is so much easier because I feel like I am not carrying as much weight. Last night I decided to see how far I could walk and I walked 3.6 miles - wow, I could not believe it. I really feel like I will be able to maintain my weight now with all the information I now have about nutrition and exercise. To sum up this program, it was a life changing program for which I am so grateful. All I can say is, please run this program more often so more people can take part. I am so proud of all the other participants who have worked so hard, too. It is nice to have people suffer right along with you and I enjoy seeing the others at the gym sweating just as much as I am.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that your husband is doing the challenge with you. This challenge has not only changed our lives for the better, but it has also changed others' as well. Especially the ones that are close to you. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom,

    I'm SO PROUD of you (and Dad)! I'm so happy you were able to be apart of this program. I enjoy hearing about your progress each week, you're such an inspiration to me! Can't wait to see you in a few months! Keep up the GREAT work! Love you lots!

    -Brooke

    ReplyDelete